Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Sunday Dream...

I don't know if this has anything to do with this blog, but it's what I am thinking of today, so humor me.

On our drive home from church today, I pulled out my phone to turn the volume back on, and then I opened the browser to fill up a moment of boredom and saw this post over at Diane's gorgeous blog. I felt so inspired. I thought, "That is my dream too!" I also want England and an old church, and fresh flowers. Maybe throw a copy of Jane Eyre and a cup of herbal mint tea in for good measure.

But I turned around to ask my eldest little woman what her Sunday dream was, and what I saw made me catch my breath.


Those sweet big eyes were twinkling as she sang a song to the chubby cheeked baby by her...

 

Who giggled at her funny big sis...


next to her quiet angel sister with the curly cherub hair (who was more than happy to be stuffing her face with cheese straws.)


Then I looked at our driver: this wonderful man, this amazing father. My Valentine. My Mr. Darcy.


And I knew I had already been given my Sunday dream.


Happy Sabbath.


P.S.  If I am to be given Pemberley on top of all this, I am totally cool with it. Just saying...

13 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Sounds as if your dreams have already come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly have. So good to have you here, Sunday. So excited for Downton tonight :)

      Delete
  2. Good evening, Miriam!

    Heaven on earth can be fabulous when we make it that way, isn't it? THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming to my FITCHLEY today; I love that we can however, go back to Narnia ANYTIME WE WANT...it is just a wardrobe's door away.

    ENJOY and God bless you! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank YOU for the stunning reminder. I love reading your posts. They are such a lovely escape. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful Sunday dream you did have indeed! Enjoy every smile, laugh, tear because in a blink of an eye they are off to College. My oldest is in University studying Architecture and my youngest is finishing high school this year.....just yesterday they were in their car seats giggling away. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I know you are right, because I feel like I had my first yesterday and I blinked and here we are. I guess I'd better not blink again :) How wonderful for you, though, to have a Senior, and an Architect on the horizon. You treasure this time too :) Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  4. What a sweet post! And yes, Diane is so right about how quickly those little ones will fly the nest. so glad you are enjoying them fully now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you. I feel like it's so good to be reminded. And I never ever ever want mine to fly the nest. Maybe that is why God lets our kids turn into teenagers... so we will want them to go at some point. Haha ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh, Miriam! I love it. You are such a sweet mom. And you are so right. Mr Darcy isn't just a dream, a character. He's every genteel quality in the men we have the honor to call husband. Love to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's TRUE! But let us not forget that he is also hot. Worth mentioning, I think :) hahaha. I love you and yours :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Miriam. Thanks for sharing your wonderful perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime. Thanks for being the most awesome lady ever.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...