Sunday, November 4, 2012

Alcott Autumn: Pecan Wreath

“Here’s a nut, there’s a nut;    
Hide it quick away,    
In a hole, under leaves,    
To eat some winter day.    
Acorns sweet are plenty,    
We will have them all:    
Skip and scamper lively    
Till the last ones fall.” 
-"The Skipping Shoes," Louisa May Alcott

When I think of Louisa May Alcott and fall, I just feel the need to have orange and yellow leaves all around me, a warm crackling fire, and crisp air outside. Unfortunately, I don't live in Massachusetts.  There are no autumn leaves where I live. It is lovely weather; too lovely to turn the leaves on the three trees that happen to have foliage here, so I find myself without many options when it comes to natural fall decor. Luckily, I do have access to free pecans that I like to shell while watching tv.  I found a box in the garage from a couple of years ago that I had forgotten about, and figured they would really charm up an old grapevine wreath. 




I just hot glued shelled pecans all over. How's that for a tutorial? :)


I liked it, but wanted to add a little bit of color, so I added a small berry wreath to the inside.


Voila! Super easy craft, and pretty cute, I think. I will say that I wouldn't leave that candle burning past the picture taking because I am pretty sure grapevine wreaths and old pecan shells are both a tad bit flammable... Have a lovely day!


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wreath and I love the pecans! I'm so glad to be following you, your blog is great:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the nut out without breaking the shell? Or are the nuts still in these?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...